Friday, February 22, 2013

Birth of the Blooze


Here's a little musical doodle I threw together tonight. I got a new music app called Scape for the iPad. It was developed by Brian Eno and Peter Chilvers as a kind of ambient music play set. You create musical "soundscapes" by choosing and positioning various backgrounds and graphical shapes. The picture above shows one I made tonight, the cleverly titled "Scape 5" (I haven't figured out how to rename these things). I recorded that into Sonar X2 on my PC and started fooling around with different synth sounds. I finally chose two, an ominous-sounding percussive voice, and a sampled string orchestra. I improvised some melodies and chords with the strings, added a bunch of reverb, and this is what I got. SF movie music. Or something.


No comments: